Nothing like creating a fair food favourite right from the comfort of your own home!
Follow the easy steps below to make this creation yourself.
What you will need:
1 cup of pancake mix
2/3 cup of milk
1 egg 2 tsps of vegetable oil
1 box of Oreo cookies
Vegetable oil for frying
Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Freeze your Oreo cookies for 1 hour
- Fill a durable pot with 2-3 inches of cooking oil (on medium heat or to about 375°F)
- Wisk pancake mix until smooth
- Dip one cookie at a time in the batter (important step so your cookies don’t get soggy sitting in the mix) coating it well
- Carefully drop your coated cookies in the hot oil flip once until each side is golden brown (it doesn’t take long!)
- Remove cookies from hot oil with tongs (be careful) and place on a paper towel
- Arrange on a platter and dust with confectioner’s sugar
- Best enjoyed warm and maybe with a side of vanilla ice cream!